Children’s Height Growth 101: The Five Growth Factors
Time to read 5 min
Nurturing your child's growth is more than a hocus pocus that will magically show results overnight. It requires patience, commitment, and, most of all, preparedness. As a parent, we know this can be a big responsibility, and we feel you!
But hey, as long as you stick around and read through this article, you'll be a well-prepared parent in no time! Below, we will head into the road of the essential growth factors for developing children.
You should get your pen and paper with this one because you will be taking a LOT of notes. So, without further ado, let's get started!
Delving Deep Into The 5 Growth Factors
1 . Genetics
According to research, genetics is responsible for 80% of a person's height growth. In contrast, other factors, which we will discuss later, determine the rest. Height being hereditary means that parents pass it on to their kids from generation to generation.
So, if you're a tall parent, there's a high probability that your little one will grow tall too, or maybe even taller than you if you nurture them well enough.
The environment that your child lives in plays a vital role in their height growth. These environments include:
As parents, the economic environment includes your ability to provide the needs for your little ones' growth. That means having access to healthy foods, medicine, supplements, and other things your child needs for their nourishment and development. And, of course, this also means having a stable job so you can buy the essentials they need.
In this particular environment, it's all about the love and emotional support you give to your kids. So, let me ask: Are you ready to be the super awesome parent who wholeheartedly supports their growth journey or the kind who unintentionally neglects it? Well, we're rooting for you to be the former! Be that fantastic parent your kids can always count on for their growth and nutrition. Trust us, your kids will love you for that! *wink wink*
2.3 Virtual Environment
Kids have incredible sponge-like minds, soaking up information from every interaction. Kids are constantly exposed, whether it's the TV, iPad, or any other virtual device; these contents can either boost or hinder their height development (and even shape their overall personality). That's why it's crucial to be mindful of exposing your kids online and watching their devices. So, be aware of the things they see online and be wary of the devices they use.
Here are some tips that will make your little one get their much-needed shut-eye.
- Make them comfortable: Get a book and tell a bedtime story to your little ones to make them fall asleep quickly.
- Give them milk: Did you know that calcium-rich milk not only aids in bone development but also improves children's sleep? It's like a double whammy of goodness for their growing bodies!
- Turn distractions off: As parents, we must turn off distractions for better sleep and improved sleep schedules for our kids. Try implementing regular breaks and setting limits on their device usage. Prioritize their rest for optimal growth and well-being.
Nowadays, it is common for men to be taller than women. And that is true because, according to research, the two X chromosomes in women have resulted in them being shorter. These chromosomes have a genetic variant that contains ITM2A, which has a role in cartilage development.
Hence, men tend to grow taller because they only have one X chromosome with a single ITM2A variant, resulting in better bone development. But whatever the gender is, this all boils down to nutrition, which is our last factor below.
Here are some nutrition tips that will boost your kid's height growth in no time:
- Implement a high-protein diet: Foods rich in protein are essential for your child's growth and height. It includes chicken, eggs, greek yogurt, fish, and lean beef.
- Double up on Calcium: Give your child calcium-rich dairy foods such as milk or cheese. Pair cheese with bread to make their afternoon snack sessions more delicious and healthier. Then remember to give them milk before bedtime as well.
- Leafy greens are in: Your kids might not be fans of leafy greens, but fear not! You can take action. These nutrient-packed greens contain protein that supports height growth. Explore online for delicious and enticing leafy green recipes to make mealtime a hit with your children!
Supplements Are King
Giving supplements is the cherry on top to complete your child's nutrition. This is where TruHeight comes into play.
Here at TruHeight, we’re not just about the hype; we're confident in offering our customers supplements that are backed by scientific research to fuel your child’s growth journey. So why choose TruHeight? Here are some excellent reasons:
Natural Ingredients: At TruHeight, we pride ourselves on using only natural ingredients. That means no artificial coloring, preservatives, or added sugar. Rest assured, our capsules, gummies, and protein powders are safe and healthy for kids and teens.
Clinically tested: We want to ensure you get only the best from our products. And we're proud to tell you that experts clinically test each of our products. The results show a whopping 86.66% increase in height growth among children. Now, how cool is that!