Height Growth Benefits of Vitamin D
3 min read
Height Growth Benefits of Vitamin D
What role do vitamins play in height growth anyway?
There’s no denying that lacking vitamins and minerals can severely affect your health and body functions. From insufficient sleep to headaches and bone pain - lacking vitamins can really affect the way you function (mentally and physically) on a daily basis.
Lacking essential vitamins - like Vitamin D - can even affect your bone health and growth!
Here’s what you need to know about Vitamin D and how it affects bone health and height growth.
What Is Vitamin D
Vitamin D, aka the “sunshine vitamin" can lift your mood and support immunity, as well as build strong bones and teeth.
Vitamin D is a key regulator of bone metabolism, and it plays an important role in adipogenesis and the prevention of a variety of diseases, including osteoporosis, cancer, diabetes, and skin conditions.
Vitamin D is both a nutrient we eat and a hormone our bodies make. Known to help the body absorb and retain calcium and phosphorus; both of which are extremely critical for building and maintaining healthy bone.
Vitamin D is essential for building strong bones and muscles. Without Vitamin D, bodies cannot absorb calcium, essential to bone growth and development.
How Does Vitamin D Affect Height Growth
Vitamin D is one of the important micronutrients that directly affect bone growth. Especially, the role of Vitamin D with the height of children who are in the golden years of height development - careful attention needs to be paid to ensure your child receives the correct and sufficient amount of Vitamin D their bodies need.
Vitamin D affects height growth by helping to build strong bones and muscles; without it, our skeletal system cannot develop properly, leading to shortness or stunted growth. Insufficiency of Vitamin D impairs skeletal mineralization and bone growth rate during childhood, thus affecting height and health.
Key takeaway, let your child spend time soaking up the golden rays of the sun (but, don’t forget SPF).
The Important Link Between Vitamin D and Calcium
Upon taking a sufficient amount of calcium and Vitamin D into our body, the extra calcium is stored in our blood to replenish teeth and bones whenever needed. However, even if the body absorbs enough calcium, it cannot store this mineral in an adequate amount without vitamin D.
Thanks to vitamin D, the body absorbs calcium better, participates in the process of calcification to help cartilage growth, helps bones grow quickly, and increases height effectively!
Additional Health Benefits of Vitamin D
Vitamin D does so much more than give you strong bones and teeth. Here are some evidence-based benefits of Vitamin D on the body:
- Promotes healthy bones, teeth, and muscles.
- Enhances the body’s immune system.
- Decreases the multiplication of cancerous cells, and prevents the formation of new blood vessels and inflammation.
- Protects the heart by reducing inflammation (low vitamin D has been linked to a higher risk of heart disease).
- Regulates sodium concentrations through the renin-angiotensin system, which decreases the risk of hypertension.
- Low vitamin D has been linked to obesity, type 2 diabetes, depression, auto-immune diseases, influenza, bacterial vaginosis, and age-related macular degeneration in women.
In addition to these health benefits, there are also other benefits associated with using this vitamin including:
- Preventing cognitive decline
- Regulating the production of calcium and phosphate in bones
- Bone growth and remodeling
- Reducing inflammation
- Regulating cell growth
- Enhancing neuromuscular function
- Supporting immune function
- Helping with glucose metabolism
Diseases From Prolonged Vitamin D Deficiency
- Rickets - bone tissues do not harden, which can cause soft bones and skeletal deformities in children.
- Osteopenia - bone tissues are weaker than normal, but not to the point of breaking easily.
- Osteoporosis - bone tissues are weak and brittle, increasing your risk of falls and fractures.
- Osteomalacia - weak and soft bones in adults
- Muscle weakness - difficulty standing and walking in children; increased loss of balance and more frequent falls in the elderly
The main takeaway - Vitamin D supplementation is extremely important for bone health. Children, adolescents, and adults, need adequate amounts of vitamin D for maximum calcium absorption and bone mineralization, thereby achieving their true health and height potential.
Supplementing with Vitamin D also prevents fractures and enhances bone mineral density. Beyond your growing years, taking vitamin D supplements is beneficial as you enter adulthood and later stages of life, as it helps to reduce the risk of heart attack, cancer, cardiovascular death, and stroke.
Each of our TruHeight Capsules contain the ideal daily dosage of Vitamin D to help your health, height, and wellness thrive.
Adding TruHeight’s Vitamin D to your daily routine will help get you closer to achieving the optimal health and height you desire the natural and organic way!
SACN vitamin D and health report. GOV.UK. Accessed January 21, 2021. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sacn-vitamin-d-and-health-report
Statement from PHE and NICE on vitamin D supplementation during winter. GOV.UK. Accessed January 21, 2021. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vitamin-d-supplementation-during-winter-phe-and-nice-statement/statement-from-phe-and-nice-on-vitamin-d-supplementation-during-winter
Meehan M, Penckofer S. The Role of Vitamin D in the Aging Adult. J Aging Gerontol. 2014;2(2):60-71. doi:10.12974/2309-6128.2014.02.02.1
Penckofer S, Kouba J, Byrn M, Ferrans CE. Vitamin D and Depression: Where is all the Sunshine? Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2010;31(6):385-393. doi:10.3109/01612840903437657
Sintzel MB, Rametta M, Reder AT. Vitamin D and Multiple Sclerosis: A Comprehensive Review. Neurol Ther. 2017;7(1):59-85. doi:10.1007/s40120-017-0086-4
TruHeight Works, Try it Yourself or Get your money Back!
TruHeight is designed by U.S. scientists to maximize height. It contains optimal amounts of nutrients that have been scientifically proven to increase height.